Professional Building Inspections & Pest Inspections for The Hills District
Vital Building and Pest Inspection located in Stanhope Gardens NSW 2768, Australia have you covered.
The Hills District Termite Inspection Specialist
Being a genuine ‘specialist’ has enabled the Vital Building & Pest Inspections to develop the latest business systems, specialist skills and equipment. These are combined with old fashioned service values of care and professionalism to give clients a technically skilled and caring service.
If you are after a termite control specialist, give us a call now:
With 1 in 5 homes in Sydney likely to suffer a termite attack and with termite damage not covered by home insurance, it makes sense to do everything you can to protect your home. Having regular termite inspections by a qualified pest professional and installing a termite management system around the perimeter of the building (liquid soil treatment or termite baiting system) are the first two components of a termite management plan and are designed to prevent a concealed termite attack.
However, homeowners have a big role to play in reducing the chance of a termite attack on their property. The third component of any successful termite management plan involves the homeowner maintaining the property and making their home “termite unfriendly”. So, what are these maintenance actions and potential issues homeowners need to keep an eye on?
The actions focus on reducing the three factors that could make your home attractive and accessible to termites:
Advice to Sydney Home owners
1) Termites love moisture! Reduce areas of increased moisture around the home
2) Reducing termite food (wood and paper) around the home
3) Making sure the perimeter, sub-floor and roof void of the home are clear of obstacles so any termite ‘break-ins’ can be seen.
REDUCING MOISTURE AROUND AND UNDER YOUR HOME
1) Ensure ground water drainage flows away from / around your home. Ground level should slope away from house and / or soil drainage systems should be installed. If you have a moist sub-floor, installing fans may also be beneficial.
2) Don’t have a watering system or regularly water plants adjacent to the house. This really means you need to avoid substantial garden beds adjacent to the house.
3) Ensure roof guttering and downpipes do not leak and they correctly discharge to the storm water drains.
4) Make sure any external taps are not dripping and ideally have a drain underneath.
5) Check for leaks in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry. (You may need a plumber or pest inspector to help here).
REDUCE POTENTIAL TERMITE FOOD AROUND AND UNDER YOUR HOME
6) Do not use wood mulch immediately adjacent to the house. If you must use wood mulch, make sure it has been treated with an appropriate insecticide or it is classed as termite resistant timber. Keep in mind, termite resistant does not mean termite proof!
7) Make sure any waste timber or cardboard boxes (also great termite food) are thrown out or stored above ground level, ideally away from the building.
8) Make sure any firewood is stored off the ground away from the building. Firewood needs to be stored off the ground (on a metal framework)
KEEP AREAS AROUND AND UNDER YOUR HOME CLEAR
9) Keep the perimeter of your home clear of plants and stored items. If you can’t see the edge of the building you won’t be able to see any termite ‘break-ins’!
10) If you have a sub-floor, avoid the temptation to store your excess / unwanted items in this inviting area. Stored goods prevent your ability to see any termite activity and reduce ventilation. If the stored goods include wood or cardboard boxes, you are also providing some nice termite food!
When you do your annual Spring clean, work through this list… it could save you from a very expensive termite attack! If you get your annual termite inspection at the same time – it will reinforce these general termite prevention tips and provide some specific actions for your property. Hopefully, your house will get the termite “all clear”.
Why choose Vital Building & Pest Inspections?
We provide you with best customer service experience, will liaise with the agent to obtain access for the inspection and keep you posted from start to finish
We provide you with a detailed and comprehensive report and fast
We do what we say we will do and fulfil our obligation as stated in the service agreement
We are friendly, courteous and professional in our dealings with clients
We arrive on time and we never cancel on you, we truly understand that your time is precious
Buying or selling a house is a big commitment and to most it is the biggest investment they will ever make, and it can be very stressful, so we are committed to making the experience that of enjoyable one, giving you peace of mind
We provide your report in an easy to read and understand format and without technical jargon
We provide you maintenance advice that will help you get the best out of your newly purchased property
We advise you on any safety and hazard related issues observed at the time of the inspection
We are available to answer any questions you may have after reading your report and beyond
We will advise you on any observations of potential health risk such as mould and sick building syndrome
We will advise you on any observation of potential hazardous material in the building such asbestos and lead paint
Above all we give every inspection task our very best effort and dedication and cannot be influenced by a third party
Peter Ezeigwe is the owner and lead inspector of Vital Building & Pest Inspections, with over 20 years’ experience surveying, inspecting and reporting on houses in western Sydney and across New South Wales.
Peter and his team of local Sydney-siders have the skills and experience to deliver you a detailed yet easy to read report on your residential home, office space or investment property. Located in Stanhope Gardens, NSW 2768 and servicing all of the western suburbs plus metropolitan Sydney, the team at Vital Building & Pest Inspections have you covered.
New South Wales Pre Sale building Reports.
Pre purchase building inspections are a vital part of any real estate investment. Pre sale reports provide you with the knowledge you need to make wise financial investment. At Vital Pest & Building inspections we are able to deliver you detailed and easy to understand reports to equip you with all the information you need before you buy
Your Property is your most valuable assets. Don’t take chances with it.
NSW trusted Inspectors. Call the experts.